Welcome to a new section of the Orisha Wisdom Podcast! It’s called *drum roll please* Ask A Priest – Have you ever had a burning question that you’d like to ask an Orisa Priest? This is the perfect way to get some answers to help you on your journey.
The question is “Are there any suggested books for newcomers in this journey?”
We are happy to oblige…. so, on this this episode – we recommend 8 books for beginners (aleyos) and (new followers)new aborisas in our traditions…
- The Altar of My Soul – by Marta Moreno Vega
- Santeria Stories – by by Luis Manuel Núñez
- Powers of the Orishas: Santeria and the Worship of Saints Paperback – by Migene Gonzalez-Wippler
- Ori (The Metaphysical Foundations of Ifa Book 4) by Fa’lokun Fatunmbi
- The Handbook of Yoruba Religious Concepts by Baba Ifa Karade
- Ancestor Paths: Honoring our Ancestors and Guardian Spirits Through Prayers, Rituals, and Offerings (2nd Edition) by Aladokun
- Finding Soul on the Path of Orisa: A West African Spiritual Tradition by Tobe Melora Correal
- Warriors: An Aleyo’s guide to the care and maintenance or “Warriors” by William John Irizarry Jr.
What do you think of the Ask A Priest Series?? Share your comments and thoughts as well. 🙂
Thank you so much for listening!
To share your thoughts
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Google Play or Podbean
Would you consider joining our Orisha Wisdom Community? Click here!